26 March 2012

the knitter-s




If you saw the link on the right,
you might know then that knitting fascinates me too.

What I really like is that it is so "comfortable":
you just grab your needles and you knit and knit....
.....and knit nonstop, wherever you might be!

Yeah ok,
maybe not sitting on debris
like this lady...

Berlin 1945

(adorable not?)

...but almost anywhere.
After all, you can always carry it with you:
it weighs almost nothing and
it can be squeezed even in
a ready-to-burst suitcase...



They say that Hollywood stars are keen knitters...
Well, here is some proof.

Betty Davis and Sally Stage
(her stand-in) knitting on stage


Katharine Hepburn around 1938


 
Rita Hayworth

Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini
on set around 1949

[all images above are from here]


And we come to the main point (yes, there is one):
two good friends of mine,
Gee and Pee, are also some crazy knitters.
Still from the movie "Women without men" (2009) by Shirin Neshat. 

So for their birthday I thought of giving
them something useful:
a case for their needles,
 which I made myself (of course).

And here they are...

1. Gee's Needle Case







It is a very simple-to-do project. 
You just layer all the fabrics and zig-zag them
all the way through to form
the different slots for the needles.
Then using a biased tape you can decorate the edge
and hide the seam allowance at the same time.
Finally, you sew some ribbon for the closure.


2. Pee's Needle Case








Now what's left is to make one for myself, but
I don't seem to be motivated enough to put myself into it...

...maybe I'll just make one on MY birthday!
;o))

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!
    If you make one for me too, I might even start knitting :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful, because I will...;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. χεχεχε καλοοοο! ευχαριστω πολυ δαφνουλα για τα σχολια!
    book-binding: μμμ....κατι πρεπει να σκεφτουμε και για αυτο,
    να μη μεινει παραπονεμενο! ;ο))

    ReplyDelete