16 March 2012

Details do matter!


I have to admit it.

I am a perfectionist.

It doesn't mean that I make everything perfect (although I try to).
It just means that I painstakingly work on everything,
down to the very last detail...

simple summer dress 2007  gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

...taking time to control everything,
thinking and re-thinking every step...
aaah!
Sometimes (which is very often)
I tire myself out, but I can't help it really.

Or can I?

I guess I can, but no matter what,
I will never give up working on the "details" of a garment.


I do believe that details matter!

I think of them as the "salt" that gives taste....

    improvised skirt 2007


....they are that little funny twist that brightens up the day!
     improvised skirt 2007

You do agree, right?!
-----------------


Seen before are:

1. A simple summer dress



It was given to me as a gift,
but was a little bit too short for my taste.
So I just added the white strip,
which I decorated with sequins that I had stashed...
(thanks to my sister S. I have dozens of them screaming to be used!)

Crazy little butterflies flying around:
I found it very funny at the time, still do.


2. An improvised skirt



This is the very first garment that I made from scrath,
without having any idea about sewing nor making patterns!
So please don't look at it too close...:o))

Although there are many imperfections, this skirt has sentimental value.
The whole idea started from these white figures used in architectural models.


I knew I had to use them somehow...
 so I came up with this whole story of a city with high buildings...


...and the story ended up in making a stiched sketch of the acropolis. :o)


Looks like I was homesick at that time, doesn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment