09 April 2012

Elisavet's Wedding Dress

My dearest friend Elisavet from Antalya was in Athens a few days ago...
We first met last summer, when I was there on a short trip.
Antalya is really beautiful, not only because it is
my grandmother's native city..

this is where my grandmother lived her early years

but simply because it is.
The old city is enchanting...



...and the mediterranean sea is right at your feet!



 Since then we have met a couple of times more,
I guess it helps her being a business woman,
since she has come to Athens more than once.
If you ever want to buy or rent a yaught, she is the person you need:
trustworthy and such a kind person!
And of course a very good cook...how could it not be! mmmm....

The reason why I am telling you all this is because
Elisavet&Hanna got married last September
and I voluntered to help her with the wedding dress.
We were going to modify her mother´s wedding dress,
but it was soon discovered that it was made of a very warm fabric.
Antalya is really really hot, even in September, so a new one had to be made.
All of this was decided over the farewell drinks the night before I left.
So I couldn´t take her measurements myself,
but Elisavet with the help of a friend took them and mailed them to me.
And then with improvisations like this
 I tried to get more precise information.
To be on the safe side,
as we were not long before the wedding,
something really simple was made that would fit her for sure.
Elisavet wanted to have something very simple as it is,
so much easier for everybody it was ;o))

Here it goes...


The fabric was given to me by her maid of honour...

and I made this simple elegant cut.




And here are the wedding photos...!



a lovely couple, aren't they?!
Wishing them all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment