21 April 2012

Spring at last!

This winter has been a long one.
Oh yees, we are in Greece but somehow this year  
in Athens we only saw rain and endless cold.

Or at least it seemed so to me. 
However I do not complain,
because I enjoyed to the maximum wearing my winter clothes: 
woolen sweaters, warm cardigans, thick tights....etc etc
But now that spring is here,
you cannot but feel your heart warming up and 
a smile forming on your face... 

Well, it does make a difference when at the end of a hard day
at work there is still daylight, hip hip hurrah!
Proud of my flowers I am, 
I have been waiting for them a year now!

It has been a while since I decided that my wardrobe
did not include as many dresses as I would like to.
Suddenly, I was so tired by my so-far-favorite combination of skirt'n'blouse.
So, this spring's goal was to make a couple of dresses that
are easy to wear, meaning by that to be comfortable during the day,
but also elegant if I happen to go out.
You never know, right?! ;o)

Presenting my first-under-this-concept creation:

Sundress #1
front


back

detail

The sleeves are petal-formed 
(I got the idea from Katy's petal sleeve tutorial and
I just knew I had to try it out someday!) 

...and reversible.


It has been finished for quite a while now,
but I decided to wear it for the first time at Easter, in remembrance
of our childhood when we were given new clothes for Easter.
I know I know, you look at the shoes and think:
we were usually given new shoes as well, n'est-ce pas?!
Sorry, but mine are so comfortable that I just can't bring
myself to throw them away!







On to the next one then...
have a wonderful weekend y'all!











4 comments: