23 July 2012

walking down memory lane

It is summer and it is extremely hot around here,
more than I could bare at least.
I just don't know if this is part of getting older
or is it only the mid Julys ca 40 degrees celcius...?
Anyhow, the rhythm has slowed down a bit and
I just want to get some things done before leaving for holidays.
Sewing I have done very little as I am planing to dedicate 
some days exclusively on that in august.
It is part of the plan of staying at home some days relaxing.
So for now and for farewell for vacations
I have some photos from the past that I want to share with you.
It was so much fun looking up all these past photos!

1.
my first work of art

 I was about 5 years old I think,
my parents should have known right?!


2.
T-shirt transformations

a.to brighten up the gloomy weather 
we had in Vienna I improvised this one.



this is NOT Vienna of course ;o))

 b.made from a vintage men's swimming suit,
 flea markets make my day!



c.refashioning basic T-shirts from H&M.







3.
dress transformations

a.improvised this one to make an appearence at
'Feria', local feast, in Seville.

This image may seen familiar to you,
these are the traditional dresses to wear...

 ...and this is me.


b.although the fabric is original, this was a typical granma' s dress
(bought in a flea market for no more than 2 euros I think!). 
I just cut the upper part and the sleeves,
made a belt from the sleeves...et voilá!



And that was all!
The comeback will be some day in august,
have a good time on your vacations everyone!


3 comments:

  1. το τελειο sountrack!! bravo dafnius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me, sis :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasaki mou o,ti kai na kaneis to latreuw!Mia mera tha ithela na ftiaxoume kati mazi!

    ReplyDelete