19 July 2012

the shops around the neighbourhood

The other day with dear Kat we investigated 
the shops around the neighbourhood.


We discovered many interesting ones, 
good prices and nice products:
I was happily surprised!
It felt like home as I remembered all those years as a child 
that we we were walking with mom the same streets 
in order to get new clothes for the summer or 
the coming school year.
Those were the 90s, oh yes!
Many people "hate" them because of the poor style in clothes,
but I really love them!
(Asi still laughs at my hot pants that I was wearing in the 6th grade,
we had bought them in one of these shops actualy...)
The 2000s passed by with me being older, modern and independent
and although I like the fashion that big stores have to offer,
I can't help but feel sorry that I have completly forgotten the local market. 
I will drink to that and I will urge you to look around before you head 
for the mall. At least this is what I will try to do.
Supporting the local shops is not a bad idea in these times of the so-called crisis.

Wearing the first blouse that I made learning the basic pattern
in the sewing academy in Madrid.
Basic yes, simple and stylish though ;o)





No comments:

Post a Comment