29 February 2012

Pretty-in-Pink Dress


and here it is..!
I picked this one to participate in
the sew-vivor competition........


I made it 2 years ago: I had a family wedding to go to and I wanted to wear something original, made by me.
At that time I had just started to sew more seriously, so you can imagine the challenge...


I had this book about 
Cristóbal Balenciaga.


I really like his style       


Finally, I picked this one out as an inspiration.


Using this fabric that I had in hand...


...this is my version of it.


I have a thing for full skirts,



I really like their volume 



and how they move so freely.




There will be more of them in the future surely.


Wish me luck !

11 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful :)

    GOOD LUCK my (very) pretty one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! A strapless dress that fits that well and you call yourself a beginner when you made it?!?!?! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! It was really hard time to make it that fitted...exercise of patience that was, phew !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Καλορίζικο! Very nice design, for both the dress and the site! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I make the occasional clothing items for straight-as-a-ruler kids, but grown-up clothing with curves scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Curves are a bit more complicated I suppose, but you get the hang of it in the end...
      what scares me most is trying to persuade a running child wear something :o))
      (no kids here, that's why)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous dress! everything about it is amazing! Welcome to blogland :) I look forward to hearing/seeing more from you. Have a wonderful day dear!
    Bonnie
    ridingthebonnieway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nata!!!
    que blog más bonito!!! eres una modelo-artista!estás guapíiiiisimaaaaaa!!!el traje rosa lo hiciste tu????
    un beso
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graaacias Sarita! claro que lo hice yo!

    ReplyDelete